This project is read-only.

Seeking input for the next release.

Nov 4, 2009 at 2:52 AM

I'm seeking feedback, tweaks, desired features, enhancements or any other types of input you may have to make BingPaper better.

I appreciate the time!

Thanks,

Eric

Nov 19, 2009 at 9:49 AM

This is a cool program.  It would be really neat if it could schedule it to change the desktop wallpaper itself.  I've been trying to figure out how to do this in Task Scheduler, and haven't been able to figure it out...

Nov 22, 2009 at 3:03 AM
Edited Nov 22, 2009 at 3:04 AM

Greetings!

I spent a few minutes creating a blog post on how to setup BingPaper as a scheduled task.  The post is here: http://tinyurl.com/ydo7yr3  Hope the post helps!  That being said, it wouldn't be horrible task to build that into BingPaper.  I may consider doing it in the installer as well, I'll put some thought into it.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks again,
-Eric

Nov 23, 2009 at 2:58 PM
Edited Nov 23, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Thank you very much, that was really helpful.  I have it working with Task Scheduler now.  :)  I really like this program a lot. 

Thanks Again,

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:19 AM

No problem at all, glad I could help and thank you very much for your compliments! :)

-Eric

Dec 13, 2009 at 4:56 AM
Edited Dec 13, 2009 at 4:58 AM
M_Lyons10 wrote:

This is a cool program.  It would be really neat if it could schedule it to change the desktop wallpaper itself.  I've been trying to figure out how to do this in Task Scheduler, and haven't been able to figure it out...

Just wanted to let you know that I've come up with an idea for accomplishing what you've described.  The feature has been added to my work item list and is slated to be a part of the Beta release.  No current ETA as other things have been distracting me as of late, but am ready to re-focus on completing the refactoring I have in mind.

In case you're interestedthe link to the work item is here.

Thanks again for your feedback, much appreciated!

-Eric

Jan 5, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Thanks, that sounds really cool.  This is a neat program, so I look forward to seeing the future versions.  :)

I did have one idea today that I wanted to ask about if it's possible.  Sometimes I have found that Bing has a BEAUTIFUL image, but I wasn't at my computer that day (I usually go through their images using the back navigation on the main Bing page.).  Would it be possible for Bing Paper to allow you to do this and download images that you missed?  Bing only goes back a few days, and I think that would be as far back as would be reasonable for BingPaper as well.  I was just thinking about it as saving these images seems to be impossible...

Thanks for a really cool program.  :)

Jan 9, 2010 at 1:48 PM
M_Lyons10 wrote:

Thanks, that sounds really cool.  This is a neat program, so I look forward to seeing the future versions.  :)

I did have one idea today that I wanted to ask about if it's possible.  Sometimes I have found that Bing has a BEAUTIFUL image, but I wasn't at my computer that day (I usually go through their images using the back navigation on the main Bing page.).  Would it be possible for Bing Paper to allow you to do this and download images that you missed?  Bing only goes back a few days, and I think that would be as far back as would be reasonable for BingPaper as well.  I was just thinking about it as saving these images seems to be impossible...

Greetings!

Actually the app does automatcially download each day's image if you set it up on a scheduled task to run daily as I do you'll build up an archive.  But the new feature I'm working on removes the need to create a scheduled task as the application will detect that the new image is posted and auto-download it if it's running.

Hope that helps.

-Eric

Mar 16, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Now that the Beta release is out, I'd like to use this same discussion for suggestions for the next release: Release Candidate 1. (RC1)

See the current work items for a list of tasks slated for the next release.

Mar 17, 2010 at 12:40 AM

BTW: upon re-reading this I seemed to gloss over your suggestion of being able to go back.  That is not an unreasonable request and I've created a work item for it as I rather like the idea.  In case you're interested in watching the progress, the work item is here.

Thanks and sorry about mis-understanding that request.

-Eric

Apr 1, 2010 at 4:01 AM
M_Lyons10 wrote:

This request has been completed along with a few other bug fixes.  Enjoy and thanks a ton for the suggestion!

-Eric